Baker Girl Lou’s Favourite Halloween Treats
Some of my happiest memories were our huge Halloween parties when my girls were young.
Going nuts as a staying at home mum, desperately in need of a creative outlet, I would do all out!
So I’d invite 80 kids, transform the whole house, cook every Halloween food I can find and paint myself green.
We made, witches hat cupcakes, cheese and bacon ball creepy crawlies, eyeball biscuits and ghost sandwiches to mention a few.
Here are two of my favourite quick and easy Halloween recipes for you to give a try.
SEARCH MY BLOG
1. Grab a packet of honey jumble biscuits and cut the bottom edge off to make them flat enough to stand up.
2. Using a black icing pen write RIP on the top third of the tombstones.
3. Mix desiccated coconut in a bowl with green food colouring to make the grass.
4. Scatter the grass on the plate and then position the RIP tombstones in the grass.
1. Grab a packet mini hot dogs, you can get them precooked shrink wrapped in the fridge section of the supermarket.
2. Using a small sharp paring knife, cut one end off the hot dog to make the severed end.
3. Make 3 small shallow incisions half way up the sausage to show the lines of the knuckle.
4. Now cut a half circle at the rounded end of the hot dog. Be careful to only cut half way down the thickness of the sausage. Now cut straight through the end to remove the half circle and create the nail bed.
5. Position upright on a plate of tomato sauce and add a plastic knife.
Love to hear how you spend your Halloween in the comments x